Programme II "Development of Digital Products and Services"
purpose and subject matter
The digital technologies sector is one of the most dynamic sectors of the Greek economy. The sector contributes directly to 8% of the country's GDP, growth rates are among the highest in the country (6.1% between 2017 - 2021 in CAGR terms), while labour productivity is twice the average of the country's economy as a whole and well above the OECD average.
At the same time, in a broader European or international context, the sector is facing significant opportunities and challenges. In particular:
- The European Commission sees digital technologies as key to achieving the European Development Strategy and achieving Europe's sustainability goals, investing heavily in strengthening information and communication technologies through programmes such as Horizon Europe, Digital Europe, etc., as well as through the European Green Deal.
- In this development context, our country shows a lack of integration of digital technologies in the Economy and Society, while at the same time, the sector shows strong scope for further development of its extroversion, as, to date, it has generally covered domestic needs.
Taking into account the above development parameters, the aim of the "DEVELOPMENT OF DIGITAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES" Programme is to strengthening digital capacity in the country with new products and services, and the strengthening extroversion of Greek companies active in the production and distribution of digital products and services.
The "DEVELOPMENT OF DIGITAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES" Programme supports investment projects for the development of new products and services in the information and communication sector, aiming at:
- strengthening healthy entrepreneurship through the use of ICT,
- strengthening the ICT sector (in terms of competitiveness and extroversion).
- the creation of new digital products and value-added services with strong commercial potential and sustainability.
To this end, the "DEVELOPMENT OF DIGITAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES" Programme will provide support, in the form of grants, for the implementation of investment projects covering the entire cycle of development of digital products and services (new product development) and including:
- Preparatory activities (indicatively: market research, feasibility study, actions to acquire new knowledge and skills for the development of new products),
- Development activities new digital products/services,
- Complementary activities Commercialisation of new products and services.
BENEFICIARIES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Programme supports existing private enterprises which are engaged in economic activity and for which the following cumulative conditions are met:
- They have their registered office or a branch in the Greek Territory, with a Greek VAT number.
- They are active on the date of submission of their application for funding to the Programme.
- They have been established before the date of submission of the Application for Funding to the Programme.
- They constitute a legal entity (Public Limited Company, Limited Liability Company, General Partnership, Limited Partnership, Private Limited Company, Sole Proprietorship, Social Cooperative Enterprise, Cooperative) or Sole Proprietorship and keep single-entry or double-entry books.
For more information on beneficiaries and other conditions, please refer to section 2.1 of the Invitation
ELIGIBLE ACTIONS AND EXPENDITURE
The Programme supports investment projects that aim at the design, development and commercialisation of new, innovative and digital products and services. The products and services should be based on modern technologies and have as their objectives (among others), the operation of neo-computing infrastructures and services for SMEs, support for SMEs to use Cloud infrastructures and services and the development of web-based software services. The ultimate objective of the Programme is to offer modern and qualitatively upgraded domestic products and the consequent increase in the competitiveness of the ICT sector in the context of the international market.
To see the characteristics of the digital products and services to be included in the investment projects, please refer to section 3 of the Invitation.
In order to ensure that this aid has an incentive effect and encourages the development of the activities referred to in the scheme, investments which the beneficiary would have developed anyway under prevailing market conditions are not eligible. It is therefore noted that actions and expenditure which have been initiated and incurred before the date of submission are not eligible the relevant proposal, under the Action.
FINANCIAL SCHEME/AMOUNT OF AID
Projects eligible under the Programme must have a budget of €200.000,00 to €2.000.000,00.
The amount of the aid is modulated on the basis of:
- The size of the business,
- The type of activities and eligible costs,
- the aid limits of the GAC,
For more information on the budget, the financing scheme and other relevant details of the aid, please refer to section 4.2 of the Invitation
EVALUATION CRITERIA - PROCEDURE FOR INCLUSION OF APPLICANTS IN THE PROGRAMME
Membership of the Programme is open to companies that meet the conditions for participation and are available in the Chapter 2.1 of Invitation. The selection of enterprises will be made through a comparative evaluation of eligible proposals and on the basis of the relevant criteria. For further details please consult section 7 of the Invitation
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
The experienced team of EPIDOSIS is always at your side to answer your questions and responsibly undertake the submission of the application for your business, avoiding any kind of oversights and errors.